BANANA BREAD | KETO & GLUTEN FREE





Good Morning, I would like to introduce myself in my first blog post. My name is Taylor and I am 22 years old who was on an I Quit Sugar journey back in August 2017. I wasn't feeling the greatest and sometimes depressed about my body image. I had gained around 10 kgs since finishing high school and I turned to food with a large amount of sugar. I tried to change my diet by eating very 'healthy' which I thought a low-fat diet was the way to go. But I was also still consuming way too many carbs, sugar and desserts as a treat. Since graduating from the I Quit Sugar program by Sarah. I have maintained and even lost weight by maintaining a low carb and sugar-free diet. I'm not 100% low carb every day, but I like to keep it as often as I can.  You may call me the lazy keto but this has worked for me without restricting myself so bad that I fall into the obsessive stage of weight loss. To this date, I have lost overall of 11kgs without major exercise. If you would like to know more about my story please comment below. 

Now onto the recipe, I have adapted this from lowcarbyum.com and give her full credit for the recipe.

Ingredients: 
1 mashed banana (leave in bowl for 20 minutes to brown)
1/2 cup butter melted
3 tablespoons coconut oil 
3 eggs
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon stevia 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chopped pecans


Instructions:
  1. In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, stevia and baking powder).
  2. Add mashed banana, butter, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a small blender.
  3. Blend well and place in a bowl with dry ingredients and mix batter is formed.
  4. Add in chopped pecans.
  5. Pour mixer into a sprayed loaf pan.
  6. Bake at 165C for 65 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox